We are back with Interview That Blogger which is going to be done every Monday if possible! (Send me an email if you want to participate below) This weeks featured blogger is Katie from PLUS+ BEAUTY. Katie is another good fellow blogging friend who I adore, and has a really awesome beauty blog. For those who are unsure of who Katie is check out her Interview That Blogger Questions below & go follow her awesome beauty blog.
1-Let’s start off by getting to know you! Tell me about yourself:
- I am 31 years old and I currently reside in Las Vegas, NV. I have lived here in Vegas for almost 2 years but I am moving back to my home state of Michigan very soon in October! I love all things beauty-related and consider myself to be a “beauty enthusiast!” I enjoy blogging (of course!), movies, music, cooking & baking, DIY projects and I have a growing interest in photography. I consider myself to be a sweet, kind, compassionate, down to earth person and I like to take every day, one day at a time. I also am a lover of all things cats! I have a cat named Allie and she is 2 years old going on 3. My current occupation is “Domestic Engineer.” I do the best I can with that. I have chronic illness/pain. I have Fibromyalgia, Sjogren’s Syndrome, and some problems with my back that keep me from working. I was once a Nationally Certified Phlebotomist and when I was well had great interest in the health care field. I don’t really think I can think of anything else that is interesting to tell you about myself. Though if you have any questions, feel free to ask!2- Tell us about your blog, and what it’s all about?
- My blog is about all things beauty-related. When I first started it, I had the intentions of adding some fashion posts in there as well but it’s been mostly a beauty blog. I still would like to add some different kinds of posts to mix things up a little bit. I am going to work on doing that more after I move and get settled.3- What inspired you to start blogging?
- My best friend actually inspired me to start blogging. She had told me about how she wanted to start a beauty blog and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun! I started my blog on Tumblr and then moved it over to WordPress which was the best decision that I’ve ever made. I have met so many wonderful people and friends that I can share my passion of all things beauty with. Also, being stuck in a big city and not knowing anyone can be hard. I had to do something with myself to keep occupied. Also it’s been a great distraction from my health/pain issues.4- How long have you been blogging for?
- I have been blogging for almost 1 1/2 years now.5- If you’re not blogging what else interests you?
- Well like I said with the first question, some things that interest me are DIY projects, cooking & baking, I enjoy watching a good movie, listening to music (I listen to all kinds of music), I love to shop online, I love reading other blogs or articles online, I love spending time with my boyfriend, dining out, traveling to new places and I enjoy spending time with family and friends of course.6- What tips can you give for fellow beginner bloggers?Well here are a few that I wrote for the Blogger Recognition Award post that I did…
- “A few tips from me…Well first off, be sure to read/follow other blogs and comment/interact. You will be so glad that you did! I never expected to meet quite so many amazing people! Not only will you make a ton of awesome friends on here, it will help you gain more of an audience. If someone is showing support to your blog, show some love back to theirs! I am so thankful for all of the encouragement and support that I’ve received through my blog, I truly feel blessed to have met each and every one of you. Another tip that I have is to just be yourself. It will shine through on your blog through your content. I try to be as personable as I possibly can but I do understand that some people like to remain more of a mystery which is absolutely fine. Also, be patient with your blog. Instant success just doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication.”7- What are your three favorite go to beauty products?
- My Milani Brow Fix Kit in “Light”
- Lip Balm – I keep various ones everywhere!
- Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara
8- Do you have any favorite YouTubers or bloggers here on WordPress?
- Yes I do. I think I will just list my favorite bloggers that are also YouTubers to make it easier that way…
- YOU Felicia from Beginner Beaute https://mascarainthecity.wordpress.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWt9TqaTcUV1Z50cFHPr74w
- Brooke from Beauty by Brooke Leanne https://beautybybrookeleanne.wordpress.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/BrookeLeanne7
- Taylor from Tay’s Life Unscripted https://tayslifeunscripted.wordpress.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmijp9D7Qiifen32_uYCJ0Q
- Karen from Confetti & Curves http://confettiandcurves.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwM3ZfCiQuq-65OGMKYuZ6Q
- Kaily from Hello Kaily http://www.hellokaily.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdONdBBQZBtQy2Eci_5NT5Q
- Kayla from Luna Faye Beauty http://lunafayebeauty.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_XtmjnxLVoX8rCwkNl1Kw
- Jess from Beautiful Breakable http://beautifulbreakable.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm0PyijR6N-9TiFMm1mRjcw
- Dani from Beauty By Daniie B https://beautybydaniieb.wordpress.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/beautybydaniieb
9- Where do you see your blog in 12 months from now?
- I am hoping to see my blog have a little bit more of a variety of posts. I hope to see it continue to grow and of course as always meet new bloggers/friends. I may even purchase my own website or something like that. I don’t know, I am just focusing on taking everything one day at a time. 😉10- Are you subscribed to any subscription boxes? (Birchbox, Ipsy, ETC)
- Yes I am. I am subscribed to Ipsy, Birchbox, and Boxycharm. I have a hard time choosing a favorite because each month one of these boxes ends up being a favorite over the other ones.
Didn’t she have some awesome answers?! A huge thank you to Katie for participating in Interview That Blogger for this week she is just awesome, and I hope everyone got to know her better & enjoyed reading her interview.
If anyone else would like to take part of Interview That Blogger please send me an email at BeginnerBeaute@Yahoo.com. We can make this a weekly thing guys! XO