I am back! I am back from a beautiful vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. While I was away I was supposed to post a Interview That Blogger, but wifi was NO bueno at the resort, and sucked about everywhere LOL. So here I am today with Interview That Blogger with Stefanie from Beautiful Beakers WOOO! So lets do this people!!
1- Let’s start off by getting to know you! Tell me about yourself:
- I’m a 20-something California girl living in Massachusetts. While learning to deal with seasons, I’m getting my Ph.D. in biology. I live here with my husband of 1-year, and we are really enjoying exploring the Northeast as a newly-married couple. Moving to Boston has been one of the hardest experiences, as I left behind my family, friends and Ph.D. program, but it has been very rewarding. In an attempt to meet people, I have joined a run club and a book club, and am hoping to find a blogging community here.2- Tell us about your blog, and what it’s all about?
- My blog is about everything I find beautiful- from makeup and skincare, to fashion, food and DIY projects. Since I’m a biologist, I am extra interested in makeup/skincare and the ingredients that are in those products. I recently began doing more research on uses of the different ingredients , and where ever possible, I like to incorporate that information into my posts. However, that isn’t my full time job, so whatever I saw isn’t fact, just my own interpretation.3- What inspired you to start blogging?
- I love reading blogs, wether they be beauty, fashion or craft blogs. I have found some really great products and made some really cool things based on reviews/tutorials. I like to think I have something interesting to say, so I started blogging in hopes that others will be inspired by what I have to say!4- How long have you been blogging for?
- I started my blog in December, so about 8 months. I try to post every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.5- If you’re not blogging what else interests you?
- Besides blogging, I really enjoy reading, exercising (running, yoga, bar classes) and crafting. You can find me on Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/bbeakers/), where I am constantly pinning my fashions wants, beauty needs and an endless list of crafts. I have become obsessed with making journals and make at least one a week!6- What tips can you give for fellow beginner bloggers?
- Don’t every compare your blog to anyone else’s. You are unique and so is your blog!7- What are your three favorite go to beauty products?
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Fresh Lip Balm, Jouer Tinted Moisturizer8- Do you have any favorite YouTubers or bloggers here on WordPress?
- Some favorites (in no particular order)
- https://sayhellotogorgeous.wordpress.com/9- Where do you see your blog in 12 months from now?
- In 12 months, I hope my bog is bigger than it is now! Right now, I have a small, loyal following and while I hope to have more followers, I want to keep the loyal readers I have now. In the future, I hope to do more collaboration posts and have guests bloggers. I love the blogging community so I would love to be more involved and meet some fellow Boston bloggers.
10- Are you subscribed to any subscription boxes? (Birchbox, Ipsy, ETC)
- Jouer Le MatchBox, A Beautiful Mess Happy Mail (cards/stationary) and just resubscribed to Birchbox