Hello my loves!! ❤️
Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! Its been a little while since I wrote/posted a product review, or any beauty related posts for that matter. For some reason I just haven’t had it in me to blog lately. I wake up early, go to work, come home around 6PM, and all I want to do is bum around my house, and be lazy 🙈. Its bad but I am back, and ready to go!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and got what they asked Santa for, and had an even better New Year brining in 2016. I loved spending Christmas with my family, and even got the chance to host/cook Christmas Day dinner in my tiny studio apartment for 8 people. New Years was awesome I spent the weekend with my better half, and sister skiing for New Years, and the weekend was also my 26th birthday present from my boyfriend which my birthday was yesterday January 6th! (Cant believe Im 26 already, where does the time go?!)
How was your holidays?! I would love to know so make sure you comment right below!
I could not wait to share this product review with my lovely readers already!! I am seriously obsessed with the beauty tool Im about to review, and show you guys. I have been using this brush for just about a month now, and it has been my go to brush every single day!! I have about 30/45 brushes on my vanity (YES VANITY!! Just got it for Christmas, woot woot!) and I haven’t even been using any other brushes because this brush just about does it all!
So I welcome you the new revolution of makeup brushes….
Artis Elite Collection Oval 7 Brush!
Like I said these brushes are revolutionary, and its even stated on their website they are the “Rolls Royce’s” of makeup brushes (How amazing is that?!). Now for those who are unsure who Artis is or never heard of them before here is a little information on them below:
Artis is the Latin word meaning: “skill, method, technique, conduct, character.”
Born from the realization that makeup brushes have never evolved from the watercolour paintbrushes they copy, Artis is dedicated to the creation of the modern cosmetic and makeup brush. Through inventing new methods, materials and designs, Artis enhances the application of cosmetic and makeup products. The Artis mission is to become a premier designer, manufacturer and multi-channel retailer supplier of Artis beauty tools and products worldwide. Artis aspires to define a global standard for efficient, ethical and aesthetically beautiful makeup brushes, beauty products, services, and information
Now you ask what are so amazing about these brushes? I have makeup brushes that are probably just as good as these brushes right?! WRONG! These makeup brushes set themselves apart from ALL other makeup brushes, and here is why as per their website:
- Uniform application- Makeup applies more uniformly due to the CosmeFibre®. The uniform structure of this engineered fibre plus the tapered ends helps apply product more consistently than animal hair. Artis brushes on average have 3-10 times as many individual fibres as conventional brushes. More fibres do more work with every pass across the surface of the skin. For example, the Oval 10 Brush has over 250,000 individual fibres each with a microscopically small and soft tip. Look how many amazing fibers this brush has! It makes for a smooth application, and let me just say it is super soft on the skin to touch! When I first got this brush I just sat there, and brushed this brush against my face for a half hour because it felt that soft.
Every single CosmeFibre® filament has a tapered tip that ends in a microscopically fine structure which is only a few microns in diameter. This ultra fine tip blends on a microscopic level, creating patterns so small they are imperceptible with the naked eye. This superior blending enhances the makeup look .
- Efficient use of productThe uniform surface area of each CosmeFibre® helps pickup and lay down product, without holding on to it. Less product gets trapped along the fibre’s length, and instead is held between the fibre tips.
- Retains shape betterCosmeFibre® is made with a proprietary material that has some shape memory. This helps each fibre retain its shape better than conventional animal hairs. If a CosmeFibre® brush ever gets bent from compression during storage, you can revive the shape by holding the brush under hot running water or in steam for a few seconds, reshaping, and then allowing it to dry back to its original shape.
- VersatileCosmeFibre® keeps it shape more consistently during use, even though it has a smaller diameter than conventional hair. This helps the fibre perform well with powders, liquids or emollient-based products.
- Helps avoid sensitivitiesAccording to the American College of Allergies, Asthma and Immunology, an estimated 10% of the population is allergic to animals and their hair. For those with sensitive skin, CosmeFibre® provides an excellent animal-free alternative to conventional animal hair makeup brushes. Animal-Free Beauty®- All Artis® brushes are 100% Animal-Free. No animal hairs or by-products are ever used in making our products.
This is only some of all the amazing reasons why this brush is unlike any other brush. To continue to read the other benefits of this brush please CLICK HERE. But these reasons alone have me sold on how awesome this brush, and brand is!
When I received this brush I also received its Artis Brush Cleaning Pad, and its brush cleaning foam. (Which is not shown above) The brush also came with a manual of how to use the brush, as well as all the other brushes Artis Elite Collection has to offer. Artis brushes can apply the following applications:
- Eye Shadow
- Finishing Powder
- Eye Liner
This Oval 7 Brush is good to apply the following things:
- Finishing Powder
Artis brushes are good for liquid products, as well as powder products. The fibers in this brush unlike my many other brushes never come out or get lose! My other brushes a countless number of times always lose there hairs during application, and I wind up with lose hairs all over my freshly applied face of makeup, always.
When using this brush I found makeup application to be a seamless process, and better then any of my other brushes I use. The brush takes a little bit of product a long way due to the fibers catching more, and keeping the product at the tip. When I apply my foundation it makes my skin look airbrushed, and that has never happened with any of my other brushes before either. The blending is unreal! It takes half the time then normal brushes to blend in your face. When I contour with this brush it gives me the perfect contour, and blends in that dark brown perfectly.
In between uses of product I use my Artis Cleaning Pad before I switch from product to product. All you have to do put a little but of the cleaning foam on the pad, and brush the brush against the pad from left to right. It takes off all access product that was left behind, and leaves you with a clean brush in between multiple applications.
(This cleaning pad does come with a cloth that goes around the pad, but mine was in the wash at the time, and is not shown above)
The handle is unlike any other makeup brush handle I have ever seen before. Its so sleek, and so modern it really does make for easy application. Not only is the design awesome, but the brush always retains its shape, its chemically resistant so you can wash your brush with whatever you want besides the foam, and it wont ruin the brush. This brush will also outlive any of your basic brushes, and this has been tested!
These brushes are sold in many retailers all over the place, and even online. Some places where you can purchase this brush is as follows:
You can either buy the brushes individually or in the set. From a price perspective getting the whole set is probably worth it instead of buying the individual brushes.
This is what the Elite Mirror Set looks like, and this whole set with all 10 Oval brushes retails for $350.00 USD.
Here is my break down of how much I LOVED this product!
- Easy to use
- Easy to put on makeup
- Gives my face an airbrush finish
- Easy to clean
- A little goes a long way
- The bristles are soooooooooooo soft!!!
- Can be very pricey for brushes, but the quality, and how long these brushes will last will make it all worth it in the end.
I am in love with this brush, and I definitely see the rest of the set in my future. I will NOT be buying any other brushes for right now because I have everything I need with this brush. I will be putting up a follow up post of how I use my brush so you can see how easy application is, and how smooth it applies for a dreamy finish!!
Have you ever heard of Artis? Have you tried their brushes before? How do you like there brushes? Comment below!!
Disclaimer: Artis sent me this product complimentary, for reviewing purposes. All opinions stated are unbiased and my own. Thank you