Welcome Back Bloggers! 😘
This Birchbox review is going to be my final Birchbox review EVER! As I cancelled my subscription in late December after receiving products for the last 6 months that I didn’t thoroughly enjoy. I got a lot of hair products from Birchbox (15 texture sprays to be exact, and hairspray), also I noticed a lot more skin care products then makeup in every single box. I want to say I’ve been signed up for 6 months if not longer, and out of every box I only loved 1-2 products each box. In my personal opinion that is a complete and utter WASTE! If you never heard of Birchbox, and want to subscribe its only $10 USD a month every box you receive is supposed to give you 5-6 beauty products that your supposed to love based on the profile test you took, but I guess not at least for myself 😒. Let’s get too the final review!
Decembers box was white, and silver perfect for Christmas/holidays minus that neon green under the box itself, BLEHH!
Every month your box has a theme this month is “All Wrapped Up”, and it usually comes with a card of whats in the product (Pictured Right). This month they gave extra! A coupon, and a thank you for an amazing 2016. (That was nice of them!)
Harvey Prince Sincerely
- This seductive scent from Harvey Prince has us falling in love—madly, deeply, and (yes) oh-so-sincerely. The complex blend of Indian tuberose, Turkish cyclamen, and Spanish mandarin makes for a sweetly spicy scent, one that we just can’t stop sniffing once we spritz it on.
I received this sample size, and the full size product is 50ML which retails for $57.00USD. Honestly not one of my favorite scents its too strong, and over florally.
COOLA® Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
- This classic sunblock has everything we want in a daily SPF. The eco-friendly formula is made with 70 percent certified organic ingredients and protects from both UVA rays that lead to premature aging and UVB rays that cause painful burns. The skin-balancing formula features vitamin C-rich strawberry extracts to soothe and tone lackluster skin while age-reversing antioxidants like evening primrose, acai, and linseed oils deflect free radicals. Plus, the refreshing cucumber scent gives us yet another reason to love the lightweight formula.
The reason why I cancelled my Birchbox to begin with. Sunscreen in December? Really now?! NO THANK YOU!
Soap & Paper Factory Shea Butter Hand Cream
- These luxurious botanical hand creams are anything but garden variety. The fragrances are carefully crafted with essential oils from a host of flowers, fruits, herbs, and more, smelling as fresh as if you’d picked them yourself. Meanwhile, the rich cream moisturizes and soothes even winter-dry hands—and that, we know, is no walk in the park.
As you can see this hand cream was well used, and will be featured in my future empties post. My boyfriend has really bad dry hands, and hes the reason why most of this bottle is used. It makes his hands so soft, and relieves his dry skin. We have the green tea hand cream since there is more then one scent, and its amazeballlllsss! I also received this sample size, but full size does retail for $18.00 USD.
Coastal Scents® styleEYES Palette
- Few things excite us more than getting a shiny new shadow palette. The only downsides? Not knowing the best way to coordinate shades, and not being able to fit our favorite hues in our clutch. The pros at Coastal Scents fixed these conundrums with these handy mini-palettes. Designed with specific scenarios in mind, these exquisite color collections feature perfectly complementary shades in purse-friendly sizes. The socialEYES palette comes with beautiful, deep neutrals for everyday looks, the formalEYES palette offers lovely nudes and rosy pinks for a big night out, and the glamourEYES collection boasts gorgeous, bold colors for special occasions (or any time you crave a little va-va-voom). Bonus: Each comes with a mirror for on-the-go touch ups.
Shame on me for not looking at the mini sample size palette to see what colors these are but they are lovely! Very pigmented, and apply so easy. Coastal scents is a lovely affordable brand, and not the first time I received them in my Birchbox. If you wanted to buy the full size palette which comes with 8 colors its only $12.00 USD (Now that’s affordable). This little guy will be going in my on the go makeup so I can always put on some eye shadow when Im in a rush, and don’t have time.
(MALIN+GOETZ) clarifying clay mask
- A lesson in efficiency, (MALIN + GOETZ)’s exfoliating clay mask conquers shine and blemishes in under 10 minutes a week. Made for acne-prone skin but safe for sensitive complexions, it taps refined kaolin clay to absorb excess oil and draw out impurities, plus pumice to polish away dead skin. Anti-bacterial witch hazel and anti-inflammatory arnica extract round out the formula, resulting in matte, clear skin. Just like that.
I haven’t tried this yet, but I have there chap stick, and it is amazing so I except nothing less. I did receive a sample size, and if you did want to purchase full size it is $48.00 USD which is a little steep for a clay mask, unless this works wonders.
I really only liked the hand cream, and eye shadows out of this whole box once again. If Birchbox changes there ways in the future I might consider re-subscribing, but probably not!
What did you recieve in Decembers Birchbox? Did you love or hate it? Comment down below and let me know
Until next time love bugs