Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!! I was able to spend the weekend in Pennsylvania to just chill out & get away from city life, MY FAV! Its so quiet and peaceful up there it makes me NEVER want to come home on Sundays, ugh. But its back to the grind this week, and I’m typing this blog post up right now as I sit at my desk in my office at my boring corporate job LOL! Today I bring you July’s #SephoraPlay beauty box unboxing sorry this post took so long to post for some reason Sephora sends these boxes out SOOOO LATE, and its so annoying. As annoying as it maybe it was well worth waiting because they gave awesome beauty products for the month of July!
For those who don’t know what #SephoraPlay is it’s a beauty subscription box that Sephora rolled out about a year ago. Its $10 a month, and you receive 5 sample to deluxe size beauty products monthly + its a themed box every single month. If you’re interested in signing up please do so here -> #SephoraPlay Me <- there is a waiting list I waited about a year so make sure you get on this because its GREAT! Right now its just for the US I believe 48 states to be exact, and I’m sure that’s not including Hawaii or Alaska.
How adorable is their box? It reminds me of the outside of the store.
This months theme is “Effortless Summer”. LOVE IT!
Every month your box comes with a cute little bag that all your products are in!
These are all the products I received in Julys #SephoraPlay beauty box subscription. Good stuff huh?! I am missing one product out of this picture & IDK WHY LOL!
- A weightless texture mist for effortlessly chic, undone hair. Infused with rice protein to add hold and memory for that perfect beachy look, this feather-light spray gives hair natural wave and body without any dryness or crunch.
I was so skeptical when I first tried this because wave spray NEVER works for my hair. I think because my hair is usually flatter then ever it just doesnt stay. But when I used this spray it actually worked!! At first you get a nice pleasant smell nothing over powering just the right amount of scent. Its kind of fresh and lemony. I sprayed it on my damp hair after the shower and kind of just crimped it with my hand It started to get a little beachy, and wavy so I kept crimping it then put it up in a bun. It worked well I had somewhat beach hair by the time my hair dried. This was the best one that ever worked for my hair so Im loving it right now!
- The dewy softness of lotus flower and freesia are set against sparkling citrus notes and hints of precious woods. Inspired by the works of 18th Century British artist Mrs. Mary Delany, Laura Slatkin collaborated with master perfumers to translate these works of art into luxurious fragrances that capture the essence of each of the botanicals that adorn the products’ striking packaging.
I HATE HATE HATE over barring floral fragrances!! They give me such a headache, and as you can tell I am totally not a fan of this perfume! Thank god its sample size so I will be passing this perfume on. Dont waste your money if your like me, and cant take really strong flower fragrances.
- A chic mirrored compact with two blotting sponges, made of beautyblender® material, for beauty touch ups on the go. Shaped to fit all contours of the face, the blotterazzi™ saves you from unused corners like traditional blotting papers. Made with the award-winning beautyblender material, these blotting sponges remain “thirsty” when they are dry, absorbing excess oil without disturbing makeup so that skin stays looking radiant. With the compact’s vented back and clear, hygienic separator, it ensures that the sponges keep their freshness.
I was so excited to get this because I never tried anything from the brand beauty blender before. Dont get me wrong I have a million beauty blenders just not from this brand though. So I am so excited to try it, and get back to you guys!
- A perfecting primer that instantly blurs imperfections and reduces the appearance of pores for up to eight hours. This non-drying formula primes and absorbs oil all day for flawlessly smooth, shine-free skin. Sweat- and humidity-resistant, this primer dramatically blurs and reduces the look of pores, while it mattifies shine and controls oil.
I have their regular photo finish primer and its my favorite so I have high hopes for this one. I have large pores so Im hoping this will reduce them dramatically! I also love that its mattifying because I have a combo of oily & dry skin depending on which day of the week it is LOL! Once I try it out I will report back to you guys.
- A delectable matte bronzer. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder makes getting glam-and-tan downright delicious. Too Faced combines the natural, therapeutic effects of real cocoa powder with their signature bronzing pigments, creating a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens out and enhances all skintones. The complexion is left with a flawless finish, a gorgeous radiance, and a subtly sweet scent.
This is my number one bronzer that I swear by! First off it smells like chocolate heaven in a little sample size box LOL! I use this bronzer to give a little color on my face, and to do a killer contour line!! (It works amazing!) I have so many little samples of this product so Im not running out for a while!! I received a sample of this a year ago and I still havent hit pan so Im sure I have a good amount of time with my other two samples before I need to purchase a full size bronzer.
- This foaming gel cleanser helps remove excess oils, unclog pores, and purify the skin with a powerful combination of red clay, rosemary leaf oil, and botanical antioxidants. By helping to draw out skin toxins, this clay cleanser helps control outbreaks and reduces sebum production for a more balanced complexion. It is perfect for anyone with acne-prone, combination, or oily skin, or as a deep treatment cleanse for normal skin. The jewel red gel cleanser effectively removes makeup, dirt, and grime, leaving the complexion deeply cleansed and renewed.
Good for this skin type:
- ✔ Normal
I have not been able to try this mask yet I might do so tonight since my sister is coming over, and were having a spa night. But I did put a little on my hand last week and it has a minty type of feel on your skin so Im excited to try this out to see what its going to do.
P.S. I started a new #Fashion Under $50 Series just over the weekend so please make sure you go check out that post & let me know if you would like to see more affordable outfit ideas!