I couldn’t wait to share this post with you since its been a while since I last did an Interview That Blogger post!! Todays blog feature is all about a cute blogging couple who are basically documenting their lives, their journey of moving from Canada to England, and who love to share all their hobbies with us + share lots of pictures of their super cute kitty Avery! So today I introduce Elise from Elise & Thomas. Lets check out Elise’s interview below!
Just so you guys now I am going on vacation for the next few days! I am going to Kansas so Ill see you guys sometime next week! ❤️❤️
- Let’s start off by getting to know you! Tell me about yourself:
- I’m Elise, one half of the duo scribbling over at Elise & Thomas. I’m a klutz originally from Canada, currently living in Bournemouth, England with my husband, Thomas (duh!). We just recently moved here from Toronto and are loving living by the beach. We’re full time bloggers, which is a lot more glamorous than it sounds (usually just means we spend many days writing posts in our pajamas!), but it did allow us the opportunity to do a cross-continental move with no real hesitation, so maybe pretty glamorous in that we’re not tied to a specific place and can move wherever we like!
2. Tell us about your blog, and what it’s all about?
- Elise & Thomas is our attempt at documenting our lives in a way that’ll be interesting for us to look back on years from now. We write about everything, from home to hobbies, business to art, and back again. Oh, and we also have a lot of cute cat pictures up, because who could resist taking a million pictures of a stunner like our Avery?
3. What inspired you to start blogging?
- I’ve been obsessed with reading blogs for countless years and always thought it looked fun. Started one blog after another until I found a couple topics that stuck. Thomas and I run I don’t even know how many blogs, but Elise & Thomas is definitely the most near and dear to our heart because, well it’s our life!
4. How long have you been blogging for?
- I can’t even count the years because I’ve had so many blogs that I’ve started and abandoned in the past; I couldn’t put a date on it! But around a decade’s worth of time at this point, I’d say.
5. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
- Work on my other blogs ;). Just kidding – sorta! In my spare time, I like watching YouTube videos, fussing over my houseplants and playing video games (Civ = <3).
6. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
- This is a tough one to answer because, in my opinion, there’s so many different things a blogger can give to his or her readers and they’re all very valuable. A good blog can solve problems, can entertain, can be thought provoking – there’s just so many ways a blog can stand out as being amazing to its readers, and you don’t have to do it just one way.
7. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
- Not going to lie, while I wouldn’t really say I “look up to” any bloggers, some just write so stinkin’ well that I’m envious of their way with words. Right now I’m obsessing over The Everywhereist (http://www.everywhereist.com ), but who knows who it’ll be next month ;).
8. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
- Honestly, social media is a godsend and taking advantage of the connectivity it allows you to have with your readers is probably my favourite strategy for creating visibility. Talking to people, answering their questions, responding when they try to engage – it makes other people notice!
9. What is your biggest blogging dream both which came true and which yet to come true?
- Which came true – the ability to be a full time blogger. Which has yet to come true – getting Elise & Thomas as big as I’d like it to be. Let’s hope it happens! 😉
10. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
- Just do it. Blog. You learn so much from just doing the thing you’d like to be good at, and I guarantee you, your first blog may not succeed but if you stick to trying out new ideas and really want to make being a full time blogger happen, you totally can! Don’t give up. The secret to online success is really no secret at all, though if you’d like my opinion on blogging, do take a peek at my posts related to the subject here.
I hope you all loved Elise’s interview just as much as I did! I definitely took some great insight of blogging from her interview! Please make sure you all go check out + follow ELISE & THOMAS because they are both amazing, and the cutest couple Ive ever seen!! If you want to take part of the Interview that Blogger series please make sure to email me at Felicia@MascaraintheCity.com. I will be away for the next few days as it is summer & Im going to Kansas for a few days. See you guys once I return!!