Todays product review is going to be all about a brand that I have never reviewed for you guys before and I am so excited to be able to bring you this product, and share my thoughts. I received this box from Influenster about a month ago and I cannot even believe I was picked to be part of this amazing voxbox! So today I bring to you the review! Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner
BTW if you are a blogger and you are not signed up for Influenster yet then you really need to jump on it! This is what Influenster is all about:
- Stay on top of the latest product news & expert tips.
- Review products, share honest opinions with brands and the community.
- Test products for free based on social media influence.
So get on it and sign up at https://www.influenster.com!
Now lets get into this review ladies & gents!
How adorable is the box that they sent over?!
Love that they give you this little booklet as a guide!
There are so many different things you can do with this liner! You can make regular lines like a thin line on your last line, tight line, use it for your water line, and smudge it out to make a smokey look.
I was lucky enough to receive two amazing eyeliners not one two!!! How nice are they?!
- A gel pot eyeliner in a crayon that delivers intense color and 12-hour waterproof wear and amazing glide in shimmer and matte finishes.
What it does:
- Experience the luxury of gel eyeliner with the ease of a pencil. Make a bold statement with this extreme-wear, waterproof eyeliner that glides on effortlessly to deliver instant color payoff. Exclusive to Marc Jacobs Beauty, the super-malleable formula offers versatility of application. Apply Highliner for flawless, precise lines, or smudge immediately after lining for an instant smoky eye.
- Highliner was inspired by the idea of a woman getting ready to go out at night, sitting in the lobby of a chic hotel, and sweeping on her eyeliner for an instantly irresistible look. It’s formulated with innovative gel ingredients, as well as conditioning vitamin E and rosehip seed oil. Its intense color payoff is available in an array of richly pigmented shades with two finishes: original shimmer or high-impact matte.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
These are both two FULL SIZE eyeliners that they sent .01 OZ
They sent two wonderful colors of the brown family. I know other people got all different colors from their new line form Influenster. Believe it or not they do have a great selection if you are into trying different colors and being eyeliner experimental.
The two colors they sent are (Brown)ie 43 – medium brown and Earth)quake 41 – dark brown.
The formula of these eyeliners are super creamy, super pigmented and they glide on like a charm! They are best used for putting liner in your water line, and tight lining your upper lash line.
These Marc Jacob Highliner eyeliners are 100% waterproof and I cannot stress that enough!! These are great for early morning risers who tear up a bunch (Like myself LOL). When I first used this liner I was trying to clean up my eyes using a little water, and this liner WOULD NOT BUDGE for nothing!! I was pretty taken back by the staying power of this amazing eyeliner.
As you can see I really wore these two eyeliners down! I attempted to do winged eyeliner with this eyeliner over and over again. It unfortunately did not work out at all because these liners are super thick at the point, and don’t give you that precise tip that you need to make a wing. If you are a wing pro you might be able to do it with this eyeliner but winged beginners like myself I would just skip making a wing with this LOL.
I couldn’t figure out for the life of me how to sharpen these liners. I thought I would have to use my regular eyeliner sharper to do it, and then I thought about it and I was like no way it wouldn’t work! So I decided to do my research on how others were sharpening there Highliner eyeliner. I came across this post that the back of these liners were sharpeners!! Duh right in front of my eyes this whole time!!
How cool is that?! They are super little sharpeners and it does take some work to make the perfect point, but it comes in handy thats for sure!
- Come in a variety of colors.
- WATERPROOF lasts 12 hours!
- Great for your waterline, and tight lining.
- Glides on without any hassle since it is a gel liner.
- Super pigmented.
- Super creamy formula.
- You get a decent amount of product.
- The sharpener could be made better.
- Not good for winged liner, tip is way to thick.
Hope you all enjoyed this lux product review on Marc Jacobs brand new gel matte eyeliner! Let me know what your favorite eyeliner is?! I would love to know so make sure you leave it in the comments loves!!! Thanks for reading XOXO
Until next time,
Disclaimer: Influenster & Marc Jacobs sent me this product complimentary, for reviewing purposes. All opinions stated are unbiased and my own, thank you.