I asked my fellow Facebook group friends “What are some challenges that you have with makeup?” I was lucky enough to get an overwhelming response from so many wonderful people!! One of the topics that came up that really struck me was “How do I find a foundation that’s pale enough for my skin?” “Finding a foundation/concealer that is pale enough for me” And don’t worry ladies & gents I am here to assist to the best of my abilities!! I am pretty excited about this post too because I do have a lot of friends with fair skin, and the struggle is always real. It’s always a pain in the butt to find the perfect foundation for my fair skinned folks. I see what you go through, I see you girl! Now I want to let you know I am no expert what so ever but I have tried a wide range of brands, and all different types of foundations. (You can thank the Sephora sample gods for this one). But in the winter time I struggle just like you! My skin gets super light, and I have a mix of colors in my skin tone that never want to match up to anything.
PS- If you do decide to try any of these brands that Im about to mention below use these tips and tricks to help you decide!
- NEVER buy a foundation from Sephora before asking for a sample of it!! You don’t buy the car without test driving it first, and the same rule applies. They give you cute little samples at the store of any product you want with no limits! They give you more than enough product to try multiple times. If it works out and you like it then GO BUY IT!
- If you are going the drug store route this is what I recommend you doing because we don’t have this same luxury as tip #1 and we can’t try it right then or there or get samples. If you are planning on buying your drug store foundation from Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Target, Duane Reade, or Walmart make sure to SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!! That’s right save the receipt!! Because with that proof of purchase you can always RETURN it from these stores mentioned above. (I do it all the time!!) If you are in Canada, or the UK make sure to ask your check out teller the return policy’s on open makeup.
So today I bring you some foundations that are great for fair skin!
41 Neutral- $35 USDLock-It Foundation in Light
- This is a fair ivory with neutral undertones so there is no worry to pink undertones or yellow under tones it just work perfectly. The coverage of this foundation is 100% FULL COVERAGE with a matte finish and 24-hour wear. A little goes along way with this foundation so you dont ever need to use a lot. I personally have this one at home, and I am obsessed. #VeganAlert! Lock-It Foundation is completely free of animal-derived ingredients.
- With this foundation they have two light colors which are Porcelain – very fair skin and Fair Neutral – fair skin with yellow and pink undertones. I personally feel that fair is a drop lighter then the porcelain which it should be opposite. But this is a light weight build-able FULL COVERAGE foundation, and it has sunscreen in it!! This foundation would be for skin more on the dryer side since it is water based and its great to hydrate.
- Now a little on the pricier side but Hourglass is a great well known brand and this stick is a foundation and concealer in one! This color is very fair, with cool undertones. Coverage can be range from medium to full coverage, and is great for all skin types! This is a waterproof formula that provides 12-hour coverage, and the formula of this foundation adjusts to body temperature to help it effortlessly blend into your skin.
Siberia $47 USDSheer Glow Foundation in
- Another foundation on the pricier side but you get what you pay for people!! This shade is light with neutral balance of pink & yellow undertones to match any type of fair skin. This coverage is more sheer to medium perfect when you are trying to stay on the more natural side. This foundation is great for normal to dry skin so my oily folks please skip. This foundation is supposed to enhance your natural complexion, and improve the look of your skin’s brightness, radiance, and texture.
All these foundations above can be found in your local Sephora or online at Sephora.com!
- This is a newer foundation that just came out! It leaves you in total control of how much you want to apply. This can be the sheerest foundation to the fullest coverage foundation depending on the amount of drops you use. (Ill leave that one up to you!) Plus you cannot beat the price! Only $13.99 and its NYX!
- For only $12.99 you can’t go wrong with testing out a drug store foundation. This foundation is for combo/oily skin and it comes with a lighter SPF of sunscreen in it. Its supposed to have SoftFlex technology that will not rub off with normal wear. Oil-free formula looks fresh, feels natural and controls excess oil so you get an all day (24 HRS!!) matte finish.
If you have a great foundation for fair skin that you use and love please tell me all about down below in the comments. Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this!
Now tell me what are some challenges that you have with makeup?