I’m pretty sure I used what Im about to show you guys way back in the day! At least four years ago and I was gifted the same exact facial peel for Christmas that year. I didn’t like it back then but keep reading on what I think of it now. I recently did review another product from this brand and that was their D’OR 24K 60 Second Eye Lift Review and I LOVED it! But today is going to be all about the
- What better way to make your skin look and feel younger than to indulge in a mini facial with D’OR 24K Facial Peeling twice a week? By exfoliating, you remove dead skin damaged by pollution, blemishes, stress, and oxidation, and you reveal the soft, fresh skin below. Your face will have a new elasticity and texture that feels smoother, firmer, and more youthful. Finish your mini facial with a touch of D’OR 24K Moisturizer, and you will be able to face the world with new confidence.
- D’OR 24K Facial Peeling starts with a glycolic acid called Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA). AHA has the unique ability to attract moisture and stimulate healthy collagen production, even in dry or sun damaged skin. And as the old skin cells are washed away, pores appear smaller; fine lines and wrinkles disappear, too. 24 karat gold and green tea boost collagen even more, leaving you with extraordinary looking skin.
- When used two times a week, in conjunction with D’OR 24K Moisturizer, your skin’s texture and tone will continue to improve as you stimulate collagen growth. With every application, your skin will look more and more radiant.
This facial peel doesn’t feel anything like a peel what so ever. First, it does have a gel consistency but not a sticky gel, rather a very slimy gel. It has no scent so no worries for all my sensitive peeps, and it does not dry completely like a peel should. The first time I did this and read the directions I was totally scratching my head. It states
“Apply exfoliating peel on damp skin. Rub gently in circular motion to slough off dry skin. Rinse with warm water and dry. For best results, apply D’OR Moisturizer. Use twice weekly.”
Exfoliating peel?!??!! Where?! This is NOT an exfoliating peel what so ever. It doesn’t have any cute little beads that are going to exfoliate your face so dont let them fool you. If you exfoliate your face then wash it off good luck washing it off because its worse then getting off Elmer’s glue! But I remembered when I used this peel way back in the day I didnt exfoliate my face! I applied a generous amount evenly, let my face dry for about 10 minutes then started rubbing my face in little circular motions which created these balls below
But I did love how it made my face feel afterward even though the directions were very wrong and very misleading.
And now for the moisturizing part!
- Make your day golden with D’OR 24K Moisturizer, a highly concentrated cream infused with precious metals. D’OR 24K contains actual 24 karat gold, and that’s not just to add glamour. Gold supports your skin’s natural collagen production, which helps it to appear younger, healthier, and more beautiful. This cream has the modern Midas touch; the addition of pure gold helps melt away your fine lines and wrinkles.
- The gold works in conjunction with green tea to protect your skin from sun damage, reduce inflammation, and build collagen. D’OR 24K contains Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, an emollient that improves skin elasticity and suppleness. Its natural tocopherols minimize oxidation and lipid peroxidation, which slows the aging process. The D’OR 24K line puts the ultimate in skin science at your disposal.
- Applying D’OR 24K twice a day isn’t just decedent; our key ingredients target and effectively reduce wrinkles, offering you the benefit of healthier, younger looking skin. D’OR 24K is not just a luxury; it’s the skincare you deserve.
Now I found the directions to this moisturizer to be a little funny. You would think you should only use it after you use it after this peel since it is a set. NOPE! It states you can use it anytime in the morning or evening after you wash your face. So odd! But I only used it after I used my peel every single time. I personally did not like the cream because for me it didnt soak into my skin. It just stayed on the top layer of my skin, and made me feel all sticky and slimy. So this was a NO GO for me!
- That it doesn’t have a scent.
- The peel actually made my skin feel very soft.
- You get a lot of product!
- The packaging is super nice!
- Love the spoon so you keep the physical peel & moisturizer germ free.
- Moisturizer didn’t work for me.
- Peel didn’t have accurate directions.
- WAY TO EXPENSIVE
I am completely giving up on the moisturizer. I am probably going to pass it off to someone who it will actually work for. As for the peel I’m going to keep using it since I like the way it made my skin feel. But would I repurchase again? Probably not! $225 is A LOT of money to just throw down the drain on a facial product. But I also do feel they are over priced all together.
Let me know of your thoughts/comments bellow!
D’or 24K has sent me this product complimentary, for reviewing purposes. All opinions stated are unbiased and my own, thank you.