A HUGE THANK YOU to Tabitha from Blonded Lights for nominating Mascara in the City for this amazing Blogger Recognition award. I am so thankful and feel so special that Mascara in the City was nominated and honestly it’s been a while since we last received one of these so we are super excited to share this post with you guys today!
How Mascara in the City Started:
Mascara in the City all started when I had this random new found love for makeup/beauty and also when my boyfriend told me I needed to find a hobby. This new found hobby winded up turning into a passion + I always loved beauty and fashion, but literally being the oldest child I had absolutely NO guidance in this department. BAM, this was how Mascara in the City was born! This was my way of teaching myself more about beauty+fashion and helping to teach others along my journey who were in the same boat at myself.
Advice to New Bloggers:
- I wish someone would of told me this a lot earlier like 2 1/2 years ago earlier but make yourself social media. Facebook, Instagram, etc. Make sure to join Facebook groups for bloggers so your work gets out there + be social! Make new blogging pals and interact to get yourself out there.
- Be yourself and have fun! Don’t conform yourself to doing something because everyone else is doing it. When blogging your authenticity is what counts and the real you is what people really want to see.
- Find your niche! And I say this because myself to this day I am still looking for my perfect little niche in this blogsphere. I think I might have found it over these last few weeks but Im deciding if this is something I want to do/stick with.
My Blog Nominees:
- Lipstick & Lifesaving
- Caitlin Cosmetologist
- Barb Stitzer
- Amanda Bella
- A Cotton Kandi Life
- Love Tallulah
- Rich in Love
- Swank Style
- The Rose Beauty Files
- Helpless Whilst Drying
Rules of the Awards:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.