Recently, I was nominated for the Liebster blog award from the gorgeous Jillian from 219 Momma. Even though I am no longer a new blogger (since I’ve been blogging for about 3 years just about) I always find it fun to do them because you always wind up learning something new behind the blogger!
If you are unsure what the Liebster award is for then find out here:
The Liebster Award is designed for new and upcoming bloggers to build their audience and to welcome them into the community.
When Kill nominated me for this award she has asked a bunch of good questions that I need to answer for you guys so check them out below!
1- What drove you to start your blog?
- Mascara in the City all started when I had this random new found love for makeup/beauty and also when my boyfriend told me I needed to find a hobby. This new found hobby winded up turning into a passion + I always loved beauty and fashion, but literally being the oldest child I had absolutely NO guidance in this department. BAM, this was how Mascara in the City was born! This was my way of teaching myself more about beauty+fashion and helping to teach others along my journey who were in the same boat at myself.
2- How did you come up with your blog name?
- This honestly took a long and hard thought process to figure out but I came down to mascara because I love mascara so much and in the city because I live in the greatest city alive NYC!
3- What is your favorite quote?
- “Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself.” –Henry James
4- If you could have dinner with anyone- dead or alive who would you choose?
- Jessie James Decker because I feel like we would just click + have an awesome dinner!
5- What is your favorite post you have written? (Include a link)
- My favorite post that I have written would have to be The Perfect Cold Shoulder For Fall 🍂 post because I had so much taking these photos and I think this photo shoot gave me the best photos I have taken thus far!
6- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- I have always wanted to go to Tahiti or Bali! Its like my dream vacation so hopefully one day I will!
7- Who inspires you the most?
- All of my reader, followers and subscribers inspire me the most. Without your motivation everyday I would have no motivation to blog just about everyday. You guys keep me excited to keep doing what I love doing! And I thank you for that Xo
8- What is your best advice for new bloggers?
- I wish someone would of told me this a lot earlier like 2 1/2 years ago earlier but make yourself social media. Facebook, Instagram, etc. Make sure to join Facebook groups for bloggers so your work gets out there + be social! Make new blogging pals and interact to get yourself out there. Also, be yourself and have fun! Don’t conform yourself to doing something because everyone else is doing it. When blogging your authenticity is what counts and the real you is what people really want to see.
9- Describe yourself in three words.
10- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I hope in 5 years that I am a full time blogger, that will be working for myself. I hope I still have you guys to motivate me like you do everyday in 5 years from now!
I nominate every single person that reads through this whole blog post to participate! Cant wait to read your posts!